[Bf-funboard] 3DS Max now supports bump mapping!

trip trip at spymac.com
Sun Dec 5 18:15:39 CET 2004

If done correctly, they will produce renders that look like the mesh
has 8 million polys. The Normal map also sends the data of the fake
tedail displace to all axis xyz unlike bump which only uses z. So it
means that corners will look textured to.

Example
http://members.shaw.ca/jimht03/normal.html

And Though this is a displacement map
http://206.145.80.239/zbc/showthread.php?t=022061
It is still what normal maps are after minus the meshes edge silhouette