[Bf-funboard] Material Data-

Campbell Barton bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:09:15 +1000

Hi
Just writing to say I think It would be best if the Autosmoothing was
stored in the material rather then in the Mesh.
This means that objects could have different smoothing values without
being split up.

(Fixing my OBJ importer and this works like OBJ's smoothing groups that
seem like a good idea to me.)
Made Back compat by having an option in the materials (Mat OR Mesh
AutoSmooth)

Also, I think it would be best if The Ambient colour was stored in the
Material rather then the World (Like in many other apps) - Gives more
controle,
I made a Patch that impliments- Its possible to make it backwards
compatable by having a slider between World & MAt Ambient colours And
have it set to wrold be default.

_ I can add both of these, and keep backwoulds compatable.

- Cam