[Bf-funboard] Weighted sub surfs

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 00:48:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004, David Cuny wrote:

> Nathan Allworth wrote:
>
> > This smoothing that takes place has to have a number associated
> > with it, a number of how much smoothing should take place on
> > that area of the mesh, or that mesh.
>
> No, not really. The number refers to how many times the operation is
> performed. So if you smooth mesh M0, you get a new mesh, M1:
>
>    M0 --> M1

I think you didn't quite get what he meant. He didn't mean the
_resolution_ of the smoothing, he meant the _weights_.

But still, I don't think different weights for different vertices
can be implemented easily with catmull-clark, at least not more easily
than just extruding a vertex :)

alex@schnittenparadies.de