(Thorsten) Re: [Bf-funboard] selected/active/colours/etc.

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:33:01 +1000

It seems that the colours of the light circles are like its "centre".... for
unselected meshes, the centres are yellow if they aren't active, or magenta
(darker pink) if they're active.
BTW, this is how you get an active object to be unselected - you just use
"a" (or "b" then hold alt) to unselect it... but it stays active... Then you
can select other objects without the new objects becoming active (use "b" to
select them)... the active unselected object will remain "active" (it will
be the focus of ctrl-p, ctrl-t, ctrl-c, etc, and have a magenta centre and
black wireframe)
Anyway, for lights, if they're not a lamp (they're a spot, sun or hemi) then
parts of it will be black if it isn't selected. And for cameras, they're
similar to meshes - their wireframe will be black, and their centre is
yellow (if it is unselected and inactive) or otherwise magenta.
BTW, lamp lights are always magenta if they are selected - there is no way
to distinguish between active and non-active selected lamps. (Unlike other
things which change between black [unselected], magenta [selected inactive],
and light pink [selected active]) So if you had some things selected and the
lamp happened to be active, it wouldn't be brighter than the other
selections, so it would be even less obvious that it would be the
parent-to-be or the focus of the tracks... (in my previous message I talked
about my ideas for colour schemes that take into account selected vs.
unselected and active vs. non-active objects)

- Luke.