[Bf-funboard] selected/active/colours/etc.

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:10:27 +0200

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 08:53:58PM +1000, Matt Ebb wrote:

> Maybe this is just me - I've *always* understood colour in Blender to
> represent selection states, and not of the structure of the data. What about
> other users on this list?

I haven't followed all you two were writing.
But I see: Selected vertices in edit-mode and unselected lamps and camera center
have same color.

Practicaly, I never had a problem with that.

But thinking about it, it's not the right way.
Because for communicating selection blender uses color only, that should be
the main porpose of color at all times.

Don't know if it would be ok to paint unselected lamps and cameras all black.
Maybe anotrher color that is never used for something selected is needed.

Or indicate selection with other means (not simple, no ideas how it should
look like now).

---
Thorsten