[Bf-funboard] renderpreset pulldown

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:59:02 +0200

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 04:09:51PM +0200, Roel Spruit wrote:
> uhmm....I figured everyone understood a "Pulldown" menu?
> But ok, for all you n00bs out there:
>
> - In the current blenderversion, there are render-preset buttons on the
> right hand corner of the render buttons (F10)
> - The new system doesn't have buttons for all presets, but places them in a
> pulldown menu. (like shown on this screenshot:
> http://roelspruit.com/var/code/rendersettings/presets.PNG)
>   this leaves only 1 button, wich, if you click on it, will show the
> pulldown.
>
> clear enough now? :)
>
> Roel

Hi!

First: aren't those menus launched per button better called pop-up menus?
Like your screenshot shows, pulldown doesn't cut it.

Pro:
- saves space
- less visual clutter
- clear grouping and naming (Presets)
- shows presets as mutualy exclusive

Contra:
- doesn't show alternatives right away
- needs more clicks/time to operate (costing speed)

I don't change the preset to use alto often and don't think others do.
The saved space allowing improved layout and/or the addition of other
things should outweight the loss in speed of operation.

---
Thorsten