[Bf-funboard] method 2b of reworking of ctrl-t, ctrl-p, ctrl-c, etc

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:58:47 +0200

Hi Luke,

I think you're looking in the wrong direction. We should separate the
two things as much as possible, to allow both new users as power users
to work with Blender.

The issues are:

1. Getting communicated as clear as possible what 'selected' and
'active' means for Blender. This is "context", as also described in the
UI doc
2. Make sure tools work in a consistant and non-blocking (nonmodal) way
with that.

Using a popup menu which shows all selected objects is just wrong. This
is something a user already should (unconsciously) *know* at that time.
Including which Object actually is the single 'active' one.

Quote:
"Where most of the users' time will be spent in routine operations of
the    product and where learning is only a small part of the picture,
designing for    productivity-- even if that requires retraining-- is
often the correct    decision." [Raskin p 4]

-Ton-

(Not that I want to declare Raskin our Holy UI Saint! :P )