[Bf-funboard] RE:paint

car bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:07:33 -0400

> car wrote:
>> It was to use Gimps open source code to get the clone paint brush and
>> erase brush code.
>
> Instead of taking code from GIMP (btw it's my most favourite graphics
> editor), what about connect these two apps? I think we can make a
> direct
> and tight connection between them.
>
> Do you udnerstand what I'm talking about?

Yes I do . But doing such a method is an odd process.  One that scares
some users
that cannot install GIMP.

> You run Blender and GIMP. In Blender open (or create scene). In GIMP
> you
> run some appropriate plugin (of course this must be created first :)
> that will manage connection between GIMP and Blender. In UV/Image
> editor
> window you click on button "Load in GIMP" and the current image will
> load into GIMP than you select some tools in the GIMP and in Blender do
> some "gestures" over the image/mesh. The mouse movements will be in
> Blender translated into texture space and derived to GIMP, and there
> will be the operation performet. The image will then be updated in
> Blender.

Verse is working on this right now. Search for Eskil in .org site .

> Is it clear? And is that what you want to have in Blender? Or am I
> totaly wrong about this?
>
> Maybe it looks wery difficult but it had not to be so horrible. Most of
> things you need to code have to be crated as well when using your
> approach.

I would be happy with this . But still for my idea all I need is a
clone brush. An erase brush
and the live UV unwrap method.

> --
>
> Tomas Golembiovsky

> WEB: nyoxi.mysteria.cz
> ICQ: 346980487
>
> Acton's Law
>
> Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Yes it does ^v^