[Bf-funboard] Texture painting proposal final. Only text.

Tomas Golembiovsky bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:10:52 +0200

car wrote:
> It was to use Gimps open source code to get the clone paint brush and
> erase brush code.

Instead of taking code from GIMP (btw it's my most favourite graphics
editor), what about connect these two apps? I think we can make a direct
and tight connection between them.

Do you udnerstand what I'm talking about?

You run Blender and GIMP. In Blender open (or create scene). In GIMP you
run some appropriate plugin (of course this must be created first :)
that will manage connection between GIMP and Blender. In UV/Image editor
window you click on button "Load in GIMP" and the current image will
load into GIMP than you select some tools in the GIMP and in Blender do
some "gestures" over the image/mesh. The mouse movements will be in
Blender translated into texture space and derived to GIMP, and there
will be the operation performet. The image will then be updated in Blender.

Is it clear? And is that what you want to have in Blender? Or am I
totaly wrong about this?

Maybe it looks wery difficult but it had not to be so horrible. Most of
things you need to code have to be crated as well when using your approach.

--

Tomas Golembiovsky

WEB: nyoxi.mysteria.cz
ICQ: 346980487

Acton's Law

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.