[Bf-funboard] Screen layout 5 pixel edge

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:56:08 +0200

Hi!

I'm worried about the 2.3 redesign proposal to remove the 5 pixel wide
edges between windows and just draw a single black line. That while the
5 pixel wide hotspot area ist to be kept.

- I don't think there is anything wrong with current edges. And I
actualy like their look.
- A matter of taste, but I don't find it to be a improvement in style.
It looks rather brutal and quickly thrown together.
- A single black line doesn't give a hint about beeing dragable. It just
doesn't look like beeing a object itself. With current edges it's almost
natural to try to move them because of many other applications with
moveable edges.
- A hotspot area larger than the visual representation is problematic.
What about clickable things close to the edge? You then could have the
mouse over an clickable object but would manipulate the edge instead.
Could be very confusing.

The only option to edges with real width I can think of, is to draw a
single, not directly drag-/clickable line. Add active areas to the start
and end of that line. If there is interest I can make some examples how
it could look like.

---
Thorsten