[Bf-funboard] Blender UI redesign doc

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:00:30 +0200

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 11:23:41AM -0500, Stephen Swaney wrote:
> Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> >
> > It's true no matter what application is running in what ever state. Screen
> > corners don't move:-b
>
> We were discussing pixel access in terms of the UI of an application.
> I would need to be convinced that having speedy access to the
> corners of the root window is empowering. ( big grin )

How could be speedy access not be empowering? But I'm soory, I don't understand
the point about "corners of the root window". Root window is antother term for
what is called desktop sometimes, isn' it? I meant special menus provided by
blender and located at any of the 4 corners of the blender window, so that the
target areas would reach to the screen corners in case of fullscreen mode. So
just some speed lost with not-maximized blender.

But forget about _special_ menus accesible at the corners (just a quick idea,
better left to window-managers).

However, if there are target areas (menus/icons) near to any edge or corner of the
blender window, those areas should reach to the edges / corners of the screen,
if the blender window is maximized. Giving extra fast accessibility in fullscreen
mode, while not making any difference when not.

---
Thorsten