[Bf-funboard] Why not a new default scene

Landis Fields bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:33:29 -0000

Ton,

>  From a designers & marketing point of view, it is very important to
> strictly control how a logo is applied. The sample you mailed doesn't
> have the correct proportions. The brand styling also restricts
> shading/embossing or 3D effects in the logo for official presentations
> (with as exception occasional buttons or icons). Adding '3d' to the
> name is also discouraged.

True...it is not perfect YET by any means....YET. As far as adding the "3d"
to the end of Blender, I was under the impression that this was the name...if
not then why is the site called Blender3d? This creates a little bit of
confusion for the user that is a little unecessary but I understand the
problem with domain names; availability, appropiate suffix in terms of
professionalism, etc.

> The biggest taboo is combining our brand with the kitchen-blender. :)

LOL! Nice. I agree.

> I also don't distribute openly official logo files. It's not wise to
> have everyone playing with it, and come with styling variants. Better
> would be if we can offer a couple of template images which people can
> use at their sites. We had a couple in the past, I should put that back
> once...

Good idea.

> Since you've shown to be a pretty good graphical designer, I will mail
> you official files with the logo. But I expect you can work with me
> personally to verify on right styling and branding.

Sounds great! Anything I can do to help the community. Just let me know and I
will make it happen. I won't let you down. You can count on me.

> Last thing, but not least, the Blender Foundation doesn't own the brand
> Blender and its logo.. that's still part of the NaN Holding. We only
> have the (eternal) right to use it.

I did not know this. Interesting.

> Since NaN Holding is in deep sleep,
> I don't expect any troubles here. But I feel it as my responsibility to
> treat it as a real commercial & valuable trademark.

Rightfully so. I understand completely. Thank you very much for your
response. Let me know about the logos when you get a chance. Take care Ton.

Cheers,
Landis