[Bf-funboard] proposal version 4 new paint ideas

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:12:34 +0200

Hi,

Yep, we've spent some time at irc yesterday about it. A summary:

- the pdf is not readable for all OS's. People seem to have old Acrobat
4.0 or so... for prosals like this, using HTML is much more friendly.

- although I admire your enthusiasm, the proposal is chaotic,
unstructured, and more like a desperate feature request. It's not a
functional proposal which can be approved or handed over to a developer.

- you use a childish and immature language in your text. A line full
with "please please please" doesn't help you to get endorsement for a
project. I really like it that young people participate in Blender
projects. They deserve to be treated as adults, but I expect they do
the same with us.

- most obviously, you'll need to find a developer who's interested in
picking up the current texture painter in Blender. With him, you can
then discuss a roadmap, for which additions would be most wanted.

-Ton-