[Bf-funboard] Re: Why not a new default scene

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:34:15 +0200

Hi,

I tend to agree with GSR. One of our nice features is its quick start.
When you see the interface, it's ready for work.
ALL new users, and ALL users that upgrade see the splash. I think
that's sufficient from a marketing point of view.

For people who really like to see splash at startup, you can use the
workaround to save the user-settings with an older release... I doubt
this is interesting enough to have another user-preference for.

BTW: pressing the blender logo in the header also pops up the splash! :)

-Ton-