[Bf-funboard] Why not a new default scene

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:26:28 +0200

Hi Landis,

 From a designers & marketing point of view, it is very important to
strictly control how a logo is applied. The sample you mailed doesn't
have the correct proportions. The brand styling also restricts
shading/embossing or 3D effects in the logo for official presentations
(with as exception occasional buttons or icons). Adding '3d' to the
name is also discouraged.

The biggest taboo is combining our brand with the kitchen-blender. :)

I also don't distribute openly official logo files. It's not wise to
have everyone playing with it, and come with styling variants. Better
would be if we can offer a couple of template images which people can
use at their sites. We had a couple in the past, I should put that back
once...

Since you've shown to be a pretty good graphical designer, I will mail
you official files with the logo. But I expect you can work with me
personally to verify on right styling and branding.

Last thing, but not least, the Blender Foundation doesn't own the brand
Blender and its logo.. that's still part of the NaN Holding. We only
have the (eternal) right to use it. Since NaN Holding is in deep sleep,
I don't expect any troubles here. But I feel it as my responsibility to
treat it as a real commercial & valuable trademark.

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org