[Bf-funboard] Re: Why not a new default scene

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:30:31 +0200

landis@landisfields.com (2003-09-21 at 2024.48 -0000):
> their friend using. Anyways, if this doesnt happen with you guys as much then
> atleast consider the fact that it is very proffessional and almost the
> standard if you ask me, to have a splash announcing the name of the
> application, its release number (version 2.28), and perhaps thier slogan with
> some nice graphic (refer to adobe photoshop).

On the other side, splash screens are the way to hide the program has
a slooooooow startup and at the same time screw multi tasking. You can
bet people will be happier if they just issue the order, and the app
appears, no waits. Or at least if you can keep doing something else,
instead of just staring. Computer systems are full of this kind of
decissions, company over user: order launch menu by company instead of
order by function, cluter desktop with icons "our product is the most
important", free (not shareware) apps remembering you can buy the full
version every time, etc, etc.

GSR