[Bf-funboard] Saving User Settings

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:37:33 -0500

I agree that 3D software is complex and all your suggestions on
documentation seem
like good ones to me.

I guess here are my questions regarding CTRL-U:

First, I am unsure of the value of saving a model as part of the default
startup.  But I am
new to 3D - so maybe someone can fill me in.  Is it that somebody
intentionally made
this function so that it saves the model too, or was it supposed to be a
function to
specifically save user settings - and the easiest way to program it was to
just save
everything?

Second, perhaps the dialog box could be worded clearer?  Instead of "Save
User
Default", which makes me think that I am just saving default User
Settings.  Perhaps it
could say "Set Current State Default".  I'm not sure if that would be
easier for anybody to
understand though.

Just thinking out loud.  Thoughts?