[Bf-funboard] Why not a new default scene

Anarky bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 01:37:34 +0300

Stephane SOPPERA wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What about changing the default scene in Blender to a more usefull one?
> For example a "ready to render" scene which would give a better "first
> impression" to new-comers.
>
> Have a look at this screenshot for an Idea of what this default
> scene could look like:
>
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.soppera/first_screen.jpg

    while this would be cool thing for newcomers it might also be a bad
thing (eg. I for one would love to always start out with a complete
blank. However I remember trying out Caligari Truespace and it was quite
impressive how the starting project was a model walking ... it could be
impressive ... I wouldn't be against it ... just as long as it would
have an option to start out with blank (eg. ... always load
'start.blend' in the blender folder .. so that I could modify
start.blend to be a blank)