[Bf-funboard] Re: Scripts in UI

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:45:28 -0400

I've been reading all the ideas for how to handle plugins/scripts and organizing
them... I would maybe suggest that we follow what is done in Lightwave where the
scripts can be in any folder really.  But you import them and the scripts are
then placed in a single drop down unless they are categorized by the user or by
a default blend/xml file.  The user then has a menu/text editor in which they
can organize the scripts/functions themselves.  I could see the menus and
navigation all being an xml document or just in the blend file with links to the
appropriate internal or external functions.  This could also then be used to
handle keyboard shortcut assignments.  This way the
scripts/plugins/functions/shortcuts can maybe have a default setup but the user
could customize them as well.
paul lunneberg