[Bf-funboard] Feature Request for RVKs & Actions

Douglas Bischoff bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:28:11 -0400

Hello!

A user (Harkyman) at elYsiun.com recently commented thus:

> The sliders in the action window are quite nice. Too bad you can't set
> slider motions into an Action Strip. Then you could easily have the
> action constraint activate an action strip for a certain set of rvks.
> That would rule.

I rather agree! Assuming that RVK deformation would be translated to
operate AFTER armature deformation this would provide for some AMAZING
controls for handling muscle bulging, skin rippling, etc.

In fact, if it worked that way, one could then script some automated
RVK calculations which could then be used to handle things such as wind
affecting cloth...

Is this possible? As I see it, each vertex's movement as defined by the
RVK deformation would be altered to include the deformation already
caused by the armature. In other words, the "baseline" to "altered"
path that each vertex would take must be translated exactly the same as
the movement from "baseline" that the vertex has already traveled due
to the armature's influence.

Hope someone understand what I'm saying! :-)

-Bish