[Bf-funboard] Re: Very humble suggestion

Mark Luffel bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:52:25 -0500

luke wrote:
> haunt_house/ph wrote:
>> Maybe I am the only one having some kind of relation to the
>> appearance of
>> Blender and it's story. I am oldfashioned and impractical, I know.
> If you want nostalgia you can use old versions of blender. Or you
> could make
> a custom language translation thing that translates the names into the
> old
> names. BTW, "grab" is nearly half the size, and it is easier to learn
> that
> the "grab" command grabs things...(like how rotate rotates things, and
> scale
> scales things). In that link I talk a bit more about "grab".

Yes, making "historic" translation sets would be a good alternative to
maintaining questionable "features" of Blender. Someone can make a
language target called "Ton".

I heavily favor the word "Move" to "Grab" -
Grabbing sounds like a selection action to me, not a manipulation.

As to languages, can keypress mappings be connected to translations,
such that the key letter is always in the word?

--Mark