[Bf-funboard] Buttons reorganisation

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:06:59 +0100 (CET)

I have long felt the need to reorganise some of the
Blender buttons. Especially now that we have this
brilliant panle system, we need to think very
carefully about wich buttons we place in what panel
(and also where inside a panel) so that we don't make
things even more confusing. An example of a (in my
oppinion) wrongly placed button is the Edge toggle
button in the Render buttons. This button currently
resides in the Output panel, although it has nothing
more to do with output than, say, Fields or Mblur.

I'm working on a proposal on buttons layout which has
a series of guidelines to follow, but in the meantime
you can check out my mockup of how the Material
buttons could be rearranged slightly. See it here:
http://www.shadeless.dk/materialbuttons.jpg

You can see a brief explanation of a few of the
changes here:
http://www.shadeless.dk/materialbuttons_explain.jpg

-William Reynish (Monkeyboi)

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan