[Bf-funboard] Toolbox Flash

Douglas Bischoff bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:41:14 -0500

First, thank you Thorsten for taking the time to code this up! It was
very hard for me to visualize what it might work like, and having an
example to play with really brought home the concept.

I agree that it is definitely worth exploring, and perhaps even as a
user-selectable option (see below for ideas?).

On Sunday, October 26, 2003, at 01:26 PM, The Fallen Weeble wrote:

> Another thing I'll note (and yes, I'm bearing in mind that this is just
> an example), we need to pay explicit attention to ordering.

One method might be simply to take the menus that don't place the
cursor at their "top" already (i.e. the top three menu choices at 1030,
1200, and 0130 clock placements) and invert the order of their items so
that the ones at the top in the traditional toolbox are closest to the
cursor again in these.

My thought on having it be a user selectable option (radial toolbox vs.
drop-down toolbox) would be to have the code which draws the menu be in
a switch block: the definitions of the menus would all be identical,
and the radial option would start at 1200 and draw clockwise the
defined top-level menus, then their contents would be defined as above.

Just a thought... given Ton's new menu definition process, this might
well be a very workable compromise!

-Bischofftep