[Bf-funboard] Toolbox Flash / Header Items

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:39:26 +0200

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 01:26:35PM -0500, The Fallen Weeble wrote:
> Nice work!  The only major problem I have is that the submenu covers up
> the header item that you originally moused over.  I'd personally like to
> shift the submenu up or down a block so I can still see [for example]
> "Add" when I go to select Suzanne.  Either that, or put a non-selectable
> header to the submenu that says "Add".  I found myself unsure of which
> section I was in.  The fix for that is simple.

Putting a non selectable header to the menu could be confusing.
But shifting the submemus so that the first level items stay
visible is for sure an option.

> Another thing I'll note (and yes, I'm bearing in mind that this is just
> an example), we need to pay explicit attention to ordering.  Typically,
> if I'm Adding something, it's usually going to be a mesh or a surface
> rather than text or a metaball.  I'd rather not move my cursor that far
> for the items I most frequently use.  I'm *not* suggesting that this be
> automated (a la MS Office), just that we should do a little research as
> to the most commonly used items in each menu and prioritize the list
> according to that.

Of course! I only realized after it was online that I have the ordering
how it's currently meant to be backwards in some third level menus:-(

> Great job!

Thanks!

---
Thorsten