[Bf-funboard] armature speed still needs a tool'n

car bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:08:16 -0400

Even though I love the new interface. Major work still needs to be done
on the armatures.

The slow speed just simply kills any work I can do when I try to add
more than ten bones. Add another rig and it just crawls to a halt.

Please try to at least bring it up at the next meeting. I see no point
in writing a proposal. As the problem can only be seen when used in
action.

My specs are iBook G3 500 mhz 312 ram and OSX 10.3 . It was the same
but slower in 10.2

It is not just my computer though. As I have tested blender on some
G4's and might get to test on a G5 with plenty of ram. It does the same
thing the moving and what not just crawls .

It is very unreliable as it just skips frames when previewing the
animation. But I find when I render it renders a movie far to quick or
far to slow.