Border Select behavior. (Was: [Bf-funboard] Re: Menu Script System)

Robert Wenzlaff bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:28:16 -0400

On Saturday 25 October 2003 01:01, Erik Lundberg wrote:
> Ton
> This is fantastic. It looks very simple. Much like Autocad's *.mnu source
> files (at a conceptual level). I think with a sample script with examples
> of all the available options anyone with half a brain could re-organise the
> menus to suit their workflow. Erik

Spaeking of AutoCad, there's another behavior of AutoCad I think we should
consider borrowing.

In AutoCad, a Boxselect doen from Left to Right selecta all objects
intersected by the box.  A box select from Right to Left selects only items
completely enclosed in the box.  (Might be Up-Down, Down-up, but you get the
idea.)

The behavior could be communicated with a hearderprint().  A message like:

Border Select:  LMB Draw Selection Box.  Left to Right ->Selects any enclosed,
Right to Left ->Selects completly enclosed.

Maybe when Icon support is better we can modify the icon to indicate as well.
(Add a circle intersected by a box, or a circle enclosed in a box, added to
the appropriate corner of the cross icon.)

Does this sound like an interesting enough feature for me to code up for
Tuhopuu? (Though the headerprint isn't there.)
Robert Wenzlaff                 rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com