header bars Re: [Bf-funboard] A thing that was better in 2.28

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:14:10 +0200

Hi,

I'll do this:

- first cleanup current headers, and have all tools moved to pulldown
and buttons panels.
- only the important settings belong there by default (layers, mode,
and so on)
- then cleanup the internal event system, to work transparantly with:
   - hotkeys
   - pulldown menus
   - custom menus (like Wkey)
   - new toolbox
   - button Panels
- then make a configurable system, which allows a user to move pulldown
tools to:
   - either the main header (as icon button)
   - or to a new floating toolbar in window itself (as icon button)
- The last thing then is reviewing doubling/tripling headers. Currently
this is a global hardcoded feature in the Blender window manager. not
customizable, nor flexible. But an option yes.

-Ton-

On Thursday, Oct 23, 2003, at 19:25 Europe/Amsterdam, Luke Wenke wrote:

> Hi,
> I was talking about the ability to resize the header bar vertically.
> At the
> moment this isn't even a feature of blender. The idea for
> auto-arranging the
> header items was just so that if you made the header two lines high, it
> would automatically fill in the two lines for you. If the header is
> just on
> one line, things would still look the same. Normally header items go
> from
> left to right. If they are on multiple lines, they could go from top to
> bottom, left to right. (I think that's more logical than bottom to top)
> If you squashed the buttons window the header height could still stay
> the
> same (1 line) so things would seem just the same as normal... there
> would
> just be the ability to add more than one header line. (Perhaps simply
> by
> dragging its border, like in Windows - there could be an option to
> "lock"
> the header height - like in Windows).
> BTW, I am a big fan of arranging things, and so must some other people
> since
> it is in Windows. I hope it can be an optional feature... I'll make a
> more
> formal proposal in the future. (Possibly including some kind of
> interactive
> applet)
> - Luke

>>> items. BTW, the mouse wheel could be used to vertically scroll