[Bf-funboard] A thing that was better in 2.28

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:13:05 +1000

> On a side note, I think the databrowse button should
> be replaced by a "NEW" button when no data is present.
> IMHO, this is much more intuitive for beginners than
> going through a browse button (especially since
> there's no indication that it's used to add new
> materials) and it's faster for everyone. The Add New
> entry in the browse menu should stay there though.

Or what if in the databrowse button it said "No XXXX Selected" or "No XXXX"
or similar? I mean your idea is good for cases where no data of that type
exists at all, but a lot of the time, there would still be instances of that
datatype that exist, it's just that currently none are used by (or selected
for?) the active object.
- Luke.