[Bf-funboard] UI rules

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:07:38 +1000

> HOTKEYS
> We could standerdise a few of the hotkeys. I think we
> should settle on using ctrl as the standard modifier
> in Blender. We already have ctrl-s for saving
ctrl-w is also used... (it is listed in the file menu)... but ctrl-s is more
logical so ctrl-w could be freed.

> loads of other commands, but why is ctrl-o Reopen Last
> and not simply Open? It would make much more sence to
> use the standard behavior of opening with ctrl-o.
Since undo doesn't properly exist in blender I reopen the last thing fairly
often...

> Also
> for copying cutting and pasting text (both in the
> Blender clipboard and in the OS clipboard) we should
> have ctrl-c, ctrl-x and ctr-v which are the standards.
Within the Blender clipboard the hotkeys are currently those ones, but there
are separate hotkeys to copy text to and from the Windows clipboard...
(ctrl-shift-C and alt-shift-C for copy (2 different hotkeys) and
ctrl-shift-v for paste) I agree that the standard hotkeys should just be
used, even for copying between the OS clipboard.
Here is a detailed look at the cut/copy/paste issues........
http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-funboard/2003-October/000894.html
- Luke.