[Bf-funboard] Lots of cool ideas on how to improve consitancy, ease of use ect. (with mockups)

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:11:43 +1000

> > Using an arrow like in the menu header (and in the new
> > button windows) is a very common UI convention. Even
> > if you dont know it, it is very easy to see what it is
> > doing. Here is an example of an arrow used in a
> > similar way in photoshop:
> > http://www.shadeless.dk/request2_psd.jpg
>
> It is a common convention for showing or hiding
> things _below_ the arrow!

That's when the minimized titlebar is horizontal....  (which is the case
sometimes in 2.29)

> I'm not concerned of the space the arrow takes with
> hidden menu, but the extra space needed to show
> the expanded menu plus arrow!

I've wrote elsewhere that I don't think minimization of panels is even
necessary or preferable in 2.29 - people could rely on combining panels -
assuming that panel combination became a bit easier. (Better feedback when a
panel is hovered over another, etc)

- Luke.