default off preview or background previewing Re: [Bf-funboard] Re: FileSelector buttons

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:52:07 +1000

> > > Yes, the default setting should be no image preview in
> > > respect for those who have more feeble computers
> > > (where an preview would lag the computer).
> >
> > Agreed.  Although performance wise it is no huge deal to me - I
personally just find
> > image preview kind of annoying.  Isn't that the point of sensible file
names?
I totally agree.... or at least it could put place-holder icons while the
previews are being created... and let you navigate around while the previews
are being created. On my computer I'm forced to wait for every single
preview icon to be created - which takes a long time because they're lots of
videos files. And it is extremely slow even on my P4-2.4GHz. (I've also got
an Athlon 2GHz)

- Luke.