[Bf-funboard] Minimizing the menus using a menu option....

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:24:31 +1000

Hi,
I like how the new menus are there reminding you of the hotkeys and even
eliminating the need for hotkeys... but for people who don't use the menus,
the menus should be able to be hidden. Initially I thought this could be
done by clicking on a triangle icon, like the one at the top of the
screen.... but now I've had another idea... in the view menu (I think there
would always be a view menu?) there could be an option called "Hide Menus".
Then in the place of the menus (for the current window) a little icon could
appear... perhaps a triangle pointing to the right. There could be an
animation which shows the menu "changing" into that triangle somehow. Then
when you click on the triangle, the triangle could disappear and the menu
appears.
I mean I think it might take up a bit too much space if there is a triangle
and the menus at the same time in the 3D windows - and you have 2 or more of
them side by side and you aren't in a high resolution... it would be hard to
see the layer buttons and centrepoint buttons, etc. Of course, you can drag
the header bar using the middle mouse button or alt-LMB, but those new to
blender wouldn't know that....
The triangle in the top menu (file, etc) could remain the same.

- Luke.