[Bf-funboard] Menus in all windows and moving the release date back.

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:15:00 +1000

> I always thought that it was part of the plan to include menus is all the
window
>types so that you could acces window specific functions without having to
>remember the hotkeys. However, all the newest builds only has a Main menu
>and a 3D window menu. Wouldn't it be cool if all the widows had menus?
The thing I don't like about the menus though is that they take up quite a
lot of space.... maybe there could be a nearby icon that hides the menus
next to it... I think the spacebox toolbox should eventually be totally
context sensitive and show the available options in other places, like the
IPO window, etc. Essentially like the menus, though the toolbox doesn't take
up any screenspace when not being used, and it can be fancier than a regular
menu (it could be radial, etc)

> PS
> I love the menu work that has been done so far!
I agree!

> PPS
> If you don't feel you have time to this before 2.3 should be released, I
think you
> should push the release date back. Better to have a really good release a
few
> weeks later, than having a half-completed one on time. I think you should
wait
> untill you have also made the new Toolbox system.
Or you could release it on time could call this "2.30 beta" or "2.30 alpha".

> 3, Graying out feature for options/functions that are not relevant.
Or the things could disappear.

> 4, Buttons renamed and moved around
That could be too much of a change - it would mean 2 changes - the new GUI
plus the renames and rearrangement of buttons.
Also it would delay the release quite a while.

- Luke.