[Bf-funboard] Updated panels style

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 13:19:22 +0200 (CEST)

--0-356661957-1066475962=:10515

I like the new look. It is obvious that you move the panel with the upper right corner, and it is obvious which subpanel is open. Simpler and better.

The older look Dani refers to looks cooler in screenshots yes, but that is not the first priority.

Luke Wenke <iljwamh1234567890@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dani,
The main problem I have with the old style is the circle in the upper-right
hand corner when you have a combined panel. I noticed it fairly quickly and
started clicking it to see what it did (I thought it might open a menu or
something) - but it did absolutely nothing.... also, in the old style only
the active tab appeared in a capsule - the rest of the tabs had titles but
nothing else. And in the old style, there was no dinstinct titlebar colour
for any of the panels... yet you could only drag the single panels by their
title bar. Though the old style might be cleaner, I think it is a lot harder
to learn how to use... and this might lead to poorer reviews of blender and
frustrated users posting about it on messageboards, etc.
- Luke