[Bf-funboard] default blend with a light and camera moved up

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:22:05 +0200 (CEST)

--0-33563815-1066472525=:59577

I VERY strongly suggest that the default blenderfile should include one lamp and that the camera is moved up one Blender unit, so that when you start up Blender and press Render, you will see a plane with lighting. For new users, this will be great! They will instantly see that it isn't that hard to make an image with Blender. You will never want to make a Blenderfile without any lights at all anyway, so this won't slow experienced people down because they will want to create at least one light anyway.

I remember it took a few days before I figured out how to do lights thing, so it would have helped me, and every other 3D program has a default light.

Please, please do this! It will help everyone!

-William Reynish (Monkeyboi)

------------
Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan
--0-33563815-1066472525=:59577

<DIV>I VERY strongly suggest that the default blenderfile should include one lamp and that the camera is moved up one Blender unit, so that when you start up Blender and press Render, you will see a plane&nbsp;with lighting. For new users, this will be great! They will instantly see that it isn't that hard to make an image with Blender. You will never want to make a Blenderfile without any lights at all anyway, so this won't slow experienced people down because they will want to create at least one light anyway. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I remember it took a few days before I figured out how to do lights thing, so it would have helped me, and every other 3D program has a default light.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please, please do this! It will help everyone!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-William Reynish (Monkeyboi)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>