[Bf-funboard] Selection modes

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:55:40 +0200

Hi!

How about implementing edge and face selection not as tools inside
Edit Mode, but as modes of there own?

There could be a Toolbox menu "Mode" with:
- Object
- Vertice
- Face
- Whatever else

A selection from one mode, that isn't a selection possible in the next
mode could be kept, so there must be no disadvantage to the
tool-aproach. (Example: a single vertice kept selected on switching to
face mode).

The advantage would be to have advanced selection methods, while keeping
the interface "flat".

I bring this up now, because it needs to be adressed in the Toolbox and
is therefore an important design consideration for me.

---
Thorsten