[Bf-funboard] Blender 2.29 GUI development, bf-fun GUI discussions

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:49:11 +1000

Hi,
I found a screenshot of a GUI that is in Blender 2.29:
http://www.kino3d.com/images/shot-1.png

Another screenshot:
http://www.kino3d.com/forum/files/spacew_135.png

I found it by accident...

The first screenshot has a lot in common with the Blender 2.30 redesign
document:
http://www.blender.org/docs/UI/ui_redesign2.html

I don't think the Blender 2.30 document says anything about those screens
being from Blender 2.29.... I thought they were mock-ups... it would be good
if I was informed earlier and also had a Windows build. (I've got a Bach. of
I.T. degree though and might be able to work out how to compile it
eventually...)

The redesign document says:
"This document can be discussed using our forums and mailing lists, but most
of all the in the Functionality Board list.
Constructive contributions and amendments are welcome there.
In a separate 'worksheet' we'll then indicate parts 'approved' and assign
developers to it."

I think discussion should be much more coordinated... perhaps it could all
be in the forums, and users could choose to have new messages emailed to
them or email notifications if messages they added to are replied to.

It seems like the things mentioned there involve unimplemented mockup
screens but I'm getting the impression that much of that is already
implemented.

Basically, after following only this mailing list since September or so,
I've been completely unaware of Blender 2.29 and the new GUI changes that
seem to be happening. I guess the real GUI planning discussions are
happening elsewhere....

- Luke.