[Bf-funboard] editbuttons layout update / Panel hightlighting.

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:00:09 -0500

On 15 Oct 2003 at 14:18, William Reynish wrote:

> Here is the oldmethod I madewith a box around the panel:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg
> This is simple, and I quite like it.

My favorite.

> Here is a variation, only with lines between the panels:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_linedivide.jpg
> This isn't very good I think. We need to have a border all around the panels so that we canvery
> clearly properly see what is collapsed, and what is not.

I could live with it, but visually it looks a little amateur - IMO.

> And last, here is a versionwith the boxes as fills:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_filldivide.jpg
> I quite like this too. It is quite clear. Ofcourse, we could always change the coulours (some may
> think the backgroiund colour is now too dark). Maybe the contrast is a litlle exagerated, but at
> least it is clear.

This one is alright too.

I like the outlined boxes better myself.  Personally I don't understand what the problem
is with having outlined boxes.  To the best of my recollection, that is pretty much the
standard way of organizing buttons and such on Windows and Linux, right?  Not sure
about OSX - but a box seems to pretty universally indicate that the contents have some
form of relationship.

Sincerely,

Justin Pease
N u a n c e   N i n e