[Bf-funboard] editbuttons layout update / Panel hightlighting.

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 04:35:31 +0200

William Reynish wrote:
> I have created a collection of mockups with different panel dividing
> methods. Note that I have'nt changed any button names or placements yet..
>
> Here is the old method I made with a box around the panel:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg
> This is simple, and I quite like it.

The boxes should include the labels (go around the actual panel).

> Here is a variation, only with lines between the panels:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_linedivide.jpg
> This isn't very good I think. We need to have a border all around the
> panels so that we can very clearly properly see what is collapsed, and
> what is not.

The triangle and the header (if ther is one, not just a label) and
the presence or lack thereof of the controls should be sufficient to
see what's collapsed and what's not.

If you extend the lines up to full hight of the labels and give them
a less harsh color, I think this will be a nice solution.

Maybe the lines should span across the whole buttons window.

> And last, here is a version with the boxes as fills:
> http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_filldivide.jpg
> I quite like this too. It is quite clear. Ofcourse, we could always
> change the coulours (some may think the backgroiund colour is now too
> dark). Maybe the contrast is a litlle exagerated, but at least it is clear.

With lower contrast it will be at least an improvement to the thin-lined
boxes.

Thank you very much for the reaction and mockups!

---
Thorsten