[Bf-funboard] editbuttons layout update / Panel hightlighting.

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:18:35 +0200 (CEST)

--0-877984614-1066220315=:20559

I have created a collection of mockups with different panel dividing methods. Note that I have'nt changed any button names or placements yet..

Here is the old method I made with a box around the panel:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg
This is simple, and I quite like it.

Here is a variation, only with lines between the panels:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_linedivide.jpg
This isn't very good I think. We need to have a border all around the panels so that we can very clearly properly see what is collapsed, and what is not.

And last, here is a version with the boxes as fills:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_filldivide.jpg
I quite like this too. It is quite clear. Ofcourse, we could always change the coulours (some may think the backgroiund colour is now too dark). Maybe the contrast is a litlle exagerated, but at least it is clear.

> http://reblended.com/www/broken/interface/controls/panel_bg.png .
>
> Not too distracting, but also clear.

>On that picture it's too subtle (well you know differing gamma and all
>...)

>But how about drawing dividing lines only were the panels touch?
>So with a single column vertical layout it would be a bit like your
>new menus.

------------
Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan
--0-877984614-1066220315=:20559

<DIV>I have created a collection of mockups with different panel dividing methods. Note that I have'nt changed any button names or placements yet..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here is the old&nbsp;method I made&nbsp;with a box around the panel:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg</A>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is simple, and I quite like it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here is a variation, only with lines between the panels:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_linedivide.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_linedivide.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>This isn't very good I think. We need to have a border all around the panels so that we can&nbsp;very clearly properly see what is collapsed, and what is not.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And last, here is a version&nbsp;with the boxes as fills:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_filldivide.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_filldivide.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>I quite like this too. It is quite clear. Ofcourse, we could always change the coulours (some may think the backgroiund colour is now too dark). Maybe the contrast is a litlle exagerated, but at least it is clear.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;<BR>&gt; <A href="http://reblended.com/www/broken/interface/controls/panel_bg.png" target=_blank><FONT color=#0000ff>http://reblended.com/www/broken/interface/controls/panel_bg.png</FONT></A> .<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Not too distracting, but also clear.<BR><BR>&gt;On that picture it's too subtle (well you know differing gamma and all <BR>&gt;...)<BR><BR>&gt;But how about drawing dividing lines only were the panels touch?<BR>&gt;So with a single column vertical layout it would be a bit like your <BR>&gt;new menus.<BR></DIV><p>------------<br>
--0-877984614-1066220315=:20559--