[Bf-funboard] editbuttons layout update.

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:32:09 +0200 (CEST)

--0-332404224-1066177929=:6360

I'm sorry Ton, but did you mean that the new editbuttons were finalised? Well, I have just updated my mockups..

I think it works better in vertical mode now.

Editbuttons horisontal layout with everything visible:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg

I have changed the layer control back to the old system due to popular request. Also, I have changed the subsurf buttons names. The subsurf bar that controls the preview subdivision level is now called "Pre:", while the rendertime subdivision level is called "Ren". This is more logical, and it instantly gives you an idea of the buttons function.

 EditButtons horisontal layout with Object Settings collapsed:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_collapse.jpg

EditButtons vertical layout with Modeling collapsed:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_modelingcollapse.jpg

EditButtons vertical layout with Other collapsed:
http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_othercollapse.jpg

Someone said they thought they would prefer it if there were not any boxes around the groups. I personally think it adds visual calmness, and overview to have them in visual boxes. I have made a version without boxes for you to compare with the other versions here:

http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_othercollapse_nolines.jpg

Feel free to comment.

-William Reynish (Monkeyboi)

------------
Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan
--0-332404224-1066177929=:6360

<DIV>I'm sorry Ton, but did you mean that the new editbuttons were finalised? Well, I have just updated my mockups..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I think it works better in vertical mode now.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Editbuttons horisontal layout with everything visible:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have changed the layer control back to the old system due to popular request. Also, I have changed the subsurf buttons&nbsp;names. The subsurf&nbsp;bar that controls the preview subdivision level&nbsp;is now called "Pre:", while the rendertime subdivision level is called "Ren". This is more logical, and it instantly gives you an idea of the buttons function.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;EditButtons horisontal layout with Object Settings collapsed:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_collapse.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_collapse.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>EditButtons&nbsp;vertical layout with&nbsp;Modeling collapsed:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_modelingcollapse.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_modelingcollapse.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>EditButtons&nbsp;vertical layout with&nbsp;Other collapsed:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_othercollapse.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_othercollapse.jpg</A></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Someone said they thought they would prefer it if there were not any boxes around the groups.&nbsp;I personally think it adds visual calmness, and overview to have them in visual boxes. I have made a version without boxes for you to compare with the other versions here:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_othercollapse_nolines.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/editbuttons2_vertical_othercollapse_nolines.jpg</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Feel free to comment.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-William Reynish (Monkeyboi)&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>