[Bf-funboard] toolbox / All Radial

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:24:07 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 04:15:35PM -0400, Paul Lunneberg wrote:
> Although this is starting to look an awfull lot like maya I think this is better
> than the menu items being drawn together in a box of sorts.  When you move your
> mouse over one and/or click it the menu would be recentered around the mouse and
> replaced with the appropriatly selected submenu.  This would be much clearer
> than trying to display the entire menu structure behind the currently selected
> menu.  Much cleaner and faster in my opinion... no trying to figure out how the
> menus work.  Press spacebar and the menus show up and you select an item.  You
> would want two types of buttons though.. One to represent an item with submenus
> and a second one to represent an actual function.  I'm all for this "style" of
> navigation!
> paul

Using radial submenus would be nice, in theory.

The problem is, you won't find a way to organize all the commands in nice
sets to make that feasible. All radial with submenus with varying content
from 3 to 9 items doesn't work out.

But I wouldn't mind to be shown otherwise.

Not to forget that radial menus don't scale that good and blender learns new
things (a problem my design could have at the toplevel).

---
Thorsten