[Bf-funboard] toolbox

William Reynish bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:20:39 +0200 (CEST)

--0-1964612533-1066159239=:78244

After looking at countless suggestions of toolbox designs on this board, I wonder why I never see anything like Tons idea discribed in the UI doc. Maybe I have missed something, but I think his idea of having the menu items floating around the cursor was brilliant and simple. I sounded easy to use und uncluttered - I was looking forward to trying it out in 2.30! So why are people trying to move away from his idea?  I don't know!

This is my rendering of Tons toolbox system:
http://www.shadeless.dk/toolbox.jpg (the names of the buttons I have stolen from Thorsten. They seem quite good.)

The submenus would look exactly like the top menu, again with floating menu items. To me this looks like the simplest to make, easiest to use, most uncluttered and most expanable way of designing the toolbox.

What do you say?

------------
Yahoo! Mail - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan
--0-1964612533-1066159239=:78244

<DIV>After looking at countless suggestions of toolbox designs on this board, I wonder why&nbsp;I never see anything like Tons idea discribed in the UI doc. Maybe I have missed something, but I think his idea of having the menu items floating around the cursor was brilliant and simple. I sounded easy to use und uncluttered -&nbsp;I was looking forward to trying it out in 2.30! So why are people trying to move away from his idea?&nbsp; I don't know!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This is my rendering of Tons toolbox system:</DIV>
<DIV><A href="http://www.shadeless.dk/toolbox.jpg">http://www.shadeless.dk/toolbox.jpg</A>&nbsp;(the names of the buttons I have stolen from Thorsten. They seem quite good.)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The submenus would look exactly like the top menu, again with floating menu items. To me this looks like the simplest to make, easiest to use, most uncluttered and&nbsp;most expanable way of designing the toolbox.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What do you say?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p>------------<br>