[Bf-funboard] Re: Toolbox, mmh, 5 / Relation, Behaviour

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:43:26 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 06:32:31PM +1000, Luke Wenke wrote:
> > Any ideas for a better name for the menu with tracking and parenting?
> > (I called it 'Relation')
>
> Well basically they dynamically affect the non-active selected object's
> rotation and/or location - same with the things in the "constraints"
> buttons... but parent/track doesn't really constrain rotation/movement - it
> adds additional rotation/movement....
>
> Maybe "Behaviour..." since tracking an object or following a parent is an
> ongoing "behaviour" (and it isn't really a constraint since it doesn't limit
> rotation or movement...)

Thank you very much for you thoughts!

While 'Behaviour' fits nicely to tracking, it seems strange in relation to
parenting. Parenting is not only about location, it's also used for
dupliverts and whatever else.

I guess it's hard (or evem impossible) to find a good label for both of them.
But I think it makes sense to have them in one menu, since there are 4
of them in my design for things relating to objects.

---
Thorsten