[Bf-funboard] Toolbox, mmh, 5

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:19:10 +1000

Hi,
The boolean operations (could be shortened to "Boolean...") item could lead
to a submenu which lets you choose the boolean operation. The same could go
for other operations that lead to pop-up menus, including Copy Property,
track/parent things, etc. And the things that lead to pop-up menus should
have dots after them like this.... or little arrows >> or something.
And the hotkey for Boolean (and other things) could be shown there - perhaps
in gray.
Near the centre of the menu, I think there shouldn't be diagonal lines - I
find that too distracting. The lines can continue across being horizontal.
As far as the red thing in the centre goes, what happens if you type stuff?
Does the entire pop-up menu expand? Or does it disappear?
I think the Parent and Track things should be renamed....
e.g.
"Track <activeObjectName>" (instead of "Make Track")
For clear track maybe it could be "Track nothing" since track is a verb and
not really a noun.
For "Make Parent", maybe it could be:
"<activeObjectName> is Parent"
I think that is far more clear.
For "clear parent" it could be
"No Parent"
That makes it clear that the actual parent object isn't being changed...
just the child object's data about what its parent is.
- Luke.