[Bf-funboard] Undo possibilities

Alexander Ewering bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:42:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Janek Kozicki wrote:

> > Maybe this should wait, until there is a normal, omnipresent undo
> > implemented into blender.
>
> is anybody currently working on this? (please answer...)

Well, after implementing editmode undo, me and Ton looked for a simple way
to implement a generic undo stack, and Ton mentioned a former NaNer's idea
to simply fork() for each undoable action, and wake up children when the
user wants undo.

I implemented that partially, but got into issues with multiple processes
using X/GL resources, and the GHOST mailing list is completely dead, so I
didn't get a lot of help and gave up for now.