[Bf-funboard] Re: hotkeys

Erik Lundberg bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:42:12 +1000 (EST)

TWIMC
I'm fairly new to this list. Please excuse me if I'm covering old ground or tread on
someone's toes.
I've looked at these radial menus, a bit like Maya & such. I quite like that sort of
setup.
re:menu/hotkey organisation,I don't really mind how the menu items are organised by
default as long as I can change them all, particularly the hotkeys. I often work
between several different CAD/modelling/graphics packages during a project depending
upon their strengths. Having the ability to customise hotkeys easily is something I
value highly. I also value being able to rearrange menus & add menus for pluggins and
extensions that I don't want a hotkey for. With this discussion about the arrangement
of menu items, I'm just querying if these are the default menu locations or if the
menus, hotkeys, etc will be fixed. I don't really care what menus/buttons/whatever look
like as long as I can set up personalised hotkeys
Is there a little tension on this list between conservative users and people seeking a
more intuitive interface? My feeling is that efficiency and intuitivness are largely
compatible. I agree that, in instances of incompatibility, efficiency should come
first. A find a lot of these problems can be avoided if you can switch off bits of the
gui and if you credit users with the wits to customise their own system.
Erik

http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search