[Bf-funboard] Re: Use logical names for replies please?

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:51:13 +0200

Roel@spruitje.nl (2003-10-09 at 2301.25 +0200):
> Can we make some kind of unwritten rule to change the subject of a reply
> mail a bit?
> I just opened my mail to find 23 mails named "RE: Toolbox design 3"....
>
> I myself do this too sometimes...so I guess I shouldn't judge others :)

<nitpicky="too">

You forgot to add proper quotation to the request, or in general nice
handling of mails: correct subject, quotation, move offtopic to off
list, cut long lines, assume fixed fonts... etc, the basics of mailing
lists (and no, I am not inventing this, you can find such suggestions
in multiple places, even a rfc, perfectly written already). For a
reference of the quotation one, see Hans signature:

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?

Great example.

</nitpicky>

GSR