[Bf-funboard] Re: Toolbox Design 3

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:37:51 +0200

Hi,

>> So I agree with the other post: where can this be tested beyond
>> mockups? The images alone do not convince me. I want to test how such
>> lack of white space or separators works, and how mixing two methods
>> works.
>
> Like with other things new this can't be tested at the moment.
> You need to have some imagination. I'm not a develper, so I can't
> offer a prototype.
>
> I just wan't to provide alternative ideas. Going straight with what is
> already known will cut out the possibility to find better ways.

The current UI system allows implementing such a toolbox quite
efficiently. Since I know that system best, I can also best volunteer
for it then. :)

Once I have the framework for it, others can easily tweak a layout,
compactness, where titles are, where new menus come up, etc.

What remains is the issue of drawing a huge table to define which
contextes/modes should draw which options in which windows... that will
be be the nasty part. :)

-Ton-

http://www.blender.org