[Bf-funboard] Blendfile Tutorials

ph bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:21:13 +0200

Thorsten wrote:

>How about offering tutorials like that as one option of startup/welcome
window. Would be otherwise rather pointless to have something for the total
newbie, but he has first to find out how to access it.<

  I like Blender's small download size, so I wouldn't want to include more
than necessary. But I'd find it very helpful if such basic knowledge would
be impossible to overlook for people who download Blender for the first
time. That would rise the percentage of positively surprised new users a
good deal. And such blendfiletuts (though the textwindow isn't the most
readable place, I agree) would satisfy the beginner's wish to instantly
start with the application.

  Knowledge must be like food on a breakfast table. Easy to find, tasty and
ready to chew. And the most basic questions of Blender should be answered
before they arise. With structured tutorials.

Take as an example the lessons of Flash 5.

Haunt_House